Monday, August 24, 2009

What a feeling, bein's believin'....


Sundays are special days. My belief is that Sundays should be spent with people you love and care about. Friends, family or lovers. It's a lazy day but filled with quality time. I spent yesterday...which was Sunday, started out w/ lunch date: Ginny and Howie and then dinner at Jenne's. Usually when I go to Jenne's and eat she has me stirring something. By this point I consider myself a MASTER stirrer. Inside the tiniest kitchen in the world you see the genius of Jenne. "What are you making Jenne?", I question. "Eh, something. It's gonna be delicious!" she hooted. Watching her sous chefs rhythmically dancing in a candence of chops and stirs, one could compare this to an intense episode of IRON CHEF. Erasure blaring in the background I have discovered is the best music to cook to. Awesome.

I commence the stirring:Shallots, and garlic w/ oil..I think? Then we added the cubed eggplant Howie chopped, stirred some more, then cubed zucchini, stirred some more, then we added a bunch of tomatoes. Stirred, then put the lid on the pot and let it have fun inside. I believe we were making a sort of Ratatouille. In the oven was baby carrots, potatoes, onions, and cumin...maybe other things were added but I can't remember. Steven was there and provided the music and did other things. So everything is baking, and cooking, and salt, and pepper are added, and other things....finito! It is time to eat. Everything was pretty simply prepared but it was very delicious. I was refreshed! I could use some more of the dinner we made yesterday. Perhaps with some pasta...it would be even MORE epic...which is hard to imagine!

No comments:

Post a Comment