Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Shrimp Bonanza!

Finally I am back! There has been too much going on. With my birthday, pride weekend, and my phone taking a dip in the pool....it's made things difficult for blogging(since I had lots of pics on my other phone....boo). Rest assured please sit back and enjoy the food. Maybe make a cocktail. Have someone rub your feet.

My birthday menu:
16 pounds of shrimp, corn and red potatoes(cajun spices/boiled)
Jumbalaya(Minus shrimp since we had a lot already)
Cupcakes(Pubcakes)
Mom's ceviche(Tilapia)
Salt Pepper Chicken Wings(You haven't lived...must try)
AND LOTS OF MUNCHIES

I've always wanted to have a seafood bake or boil as it turned out to be....still delicious. We bought SO much shrimp since about 33 people RSVP. I wanted there to be plenty food and boy was there. I had leftovers for about a week. The shrimp we boiled(Cajun spices) was great! Spicy and satisfying. I had at least 2 dozen...yummy. Jambalaya made by Jenne was fantastic. Perfect heat and really good...ate that for 3 days straight. Cupcakes/Pubcakes made by the fabulous Misty. They had some sorta beer and chocolate taste. I'm no expert but I do call myself an expert eater and these cupcakes were really good. SPANK ME good. People were eating them and moaning...I mean that says it all...don't you think? Mom's ceviche...always great. Salt and Pepper chicken wings...these are my favorite and thank you Liz and Eric for bringing them. You really haven't lived until you bite into these amazing salt and pepper chicken wings with red pepper flakes and green onion garnish...I think about these at least once a day. I'm just sad I don't have pictures of all the food.

Howie, made a shrimp bisque with some of the leftover shrimp. I am sad to say...I didn't get to try any! Damn my sister and my mom. At least they said it was DELICIOUS. So yay...great birthday meal. EPIC. Thank you every one for everything. It was a special day with great food and amazingly epic people. Love ya! Muah!



No comments:

Post a Comment