Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Roast beef a go-go!


I love to go shopping at Pancho Villa. It's this market on El Cajon Blvd that's pretty cheap and the produce is great quality. So today, was hot...but despite it being hot I braved the pave and went to Pancho Villa. They have the best refried beans and fresh out of the oven, 2 seconds ago, bread. Every time we go...we always buy a large refried beans(Last us for a week and cost about $5 or $6) and 4 bread buns for $1(Really good if you have a BBQ coming up and you want to eat the sausage in something. Also makes great sandwiches) ....so good. Anyway, my mom wanted to make a stew tonight but since they did not have stew meat I bought a roast instead. Best decision that I made all day.

So mom put the roast in the pressure cooker with her spices and baby carrots, potatoes and celery. To me this is comfort food. The juice from the meat is so damn good I would eat it with rice...hell, I would drink it in a cup. The meat was a little crispy on the outside since she seared it first then so nice and juice on the inside. Excellent cut of meat. My mom makes a KILLER roast. So good. It not only is a cheap meal but it's pretty damn easy to make. Don't over think it. The veggie were cheap. The roast cost about $5 or $6...not bad. I don't understand why people don't eat at home more often. I finished the evening with a nice walk to the dog park with Lola. Can't wait for leftovers:)

No comments:

Post a Comment