Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Turkey curry and the spirit of X-mas



Yes, it's Christmas time, or should I say holiday time. Whatever you celebrate, I'm pretty sure you are not with people you dislike. We tend to surround ourselves with people we like/love a lot. I think that is the main goal. Sharing our love and time with those that love us back is something truly special, or sharing our time with those that are less fortunate is a great gesture to humanity and to the holiday spirit. Trying to keep that alive during these challenging times is what separates us from the beast. THAT is the reason. I think if God were involved in some way which She tends to get suckered into these situations. She wouldn't want us to say "I am the reason for the season!". She, being humble, modest, and not narcissistic would want us to love, accept, and not judge each other. To, another words, come together and love.

Anyway, this holiday season I am really happy and thrilled and really looking forward to it. I'm cheerful about the holidays. Not about the gifts, because I do not give anyone anything other than my nieces and a few children a little something. More so one the people I plan on spending the holidays with. My friends, being family more or less, try each year to make a commitment and see each other before the new year. doesn't work all the time but that is the gift we give. No presents. Honestly, that's the gift I ever want from anyone....that and food of course:)

Last night I was invited over to Ms. Jenne's, sorta last minute situation, for some turkey curry. We had our choice of toppings. Toppings: Dried figs, almonds, BACON, green onions, and hard boiled egg. I had everything except for the eggs since they hurt my tummy. I've never had curry this way w/ toppings. I came to the conclusion that toppings on any kind of food is always a good idea. Sundaes, pizza, baked potato, salads, tostadas...etc. Every bite was exciting and filled with little joys around every corner. You had the crunch, you had the sweetness, you had the salty...and you had a party in your mouth. Rice being underneath it all. Oh rice, how I love you. Jenne, decided to do a side dish of fresh green beans topped with fried onions. We then discovered that the fried onions works well on anything....maybe even perhaps ice cream. KIDDING!

After our faces were stuffed with delicious turkey curry and seasoned green beans, we decided to go around the neighborhood and look at the Christmas decorations. Mr. Howie told us, "Be prepared to get ass raped by Christmas!"....such a way with words that gentle man. With a quick stop at 7-11 for some slurpees, drinks, pork rinds, and sour patch kids...we were off on a gay adventure(gay meaning happy). South Park was filled with lots of decorations! However, because we had a storm the day before, a lot of the decorations were down and not on. Sad:(. We still had loads of fun though. The night was ended with a soothing nutella hot cocoa topped with fresh vanilla whipped cream. Yummy:) It was a special night and I thank all that made it happen. Remember, this time of year is not about presents but more importantly presence in the lives of those you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment