Monday, June 29, 2009

This ones Peruvian


Hey-OH!

This weekend was great. Had Tracie's chicken Biryani which was delicious. After that amazing culinary experience all I remember was laughing and giggling. Let's just say I accidentally ate something that could potentially get you under the influence. ACCIDENTALLY. Anyway *giggle* we had the chicken biryani with some rice...I believe jasmine rice, and a lovely salad that I think Jenne made which complimented everything nicely. My favorite thing to eat is salad and rice...I know it's a little weird. It's what my grandmother cooks for me on my birthday...along with her delicious steak picado...one of my all time favorite dishes. I'm getting hungry again!

Today my mom cooked lomito saltado. A dish which is a staple Peruvian food. You can find it in any Peruvian restaurant anywhere. Basically, what it consist of is some sort of meat...either chicken or more commonly used steak, onions, bell pepper, tomatoes, and potatoes. Potatoes are usually cut french fries style and the base of the sauce consist of olive oil, tomato paste, garlic and other spices...depending on the cook. My mom uses her typical spices: Cumin, salsa Alfado(a.k.a salsa Lizano) and curry. When she made it today she used chicken breast a more healthier meat. The potatoes were boiled and sauteed with a little olive oil just to get them a nice crust on the outside cut width-wise down the potato(I don't know what they call that style)....not the french fries cut. Side dishes: Large steamed zucchini and a tomato/cucumber salad. Salad had a little salt olive oil and lemon....I love lemon:) Very nice meal not at all heavy like the typical Lomito Saltado with steak that's served with rice. Fully satisfied and a beautiful meal for the end of today.


1 comment:

  1. Hey...where's a pic of my biryani??? :P Oh...and it was basmati rice :)

    ReplyDelete