Sunday, June 21, 2009

It's been my pleasure

I've been very lucky in life to have been surrounded by wonderful delicious food. Since birth I've been eating outstanding Costa Rican meals(from my Costa Rican mother) and Peruvian meals(from my Peruvian father). My mother never stopped at just CR meals. She always cooked different things her way. Italian, Irish, Chinese, American...whatever the food whatever the holiday, she would add her touch of Costa Rican flavor...which is splash of Salsa Lizano.

Later on in life I met more people that can cook amazing food. My friends. I then jumped into the wonderful world that is the FOOD world...or I became a big foodie. Which the term foodie is not my fav. I perfer foodlover....but that's me. I love going to someone's house and everyone is in the kitchen. Some of us(me) are just there to entertain....we're all there for support and giving that food love and attention. Awwww, that's pretty damn good I must say. Coming together with friends or family to eat is a beautiful thing.

I don't cook...let me explain. I don't cook as much as I should. I'm hoping this blog will change that. I've created this blog to just talk about food. I don't want to review or criticize I just want to talk about food and the experiences we have with it. This is an open invitation for anyone to invite me over for breakfast/lunch/dinner...then I will post pictures and write how wonderful the food was...what we talked and laughed about. Mainly, in this blog I will talk about what my mom cooked each day and make you all hungry and jealous. I plan on visiting my Mexican aunt and try some home cooked meals from her, my adopted Cuban family who stuff me to the gills with great Cuban food. GINNY! You better make me some enpanadas before your ass goes to Italy for a whole darn year! Tracie you know I love me some of your cooking. Jenne, oh delicious Jenne, and your cookies and pies and brownies!

Hopefully, you all will be entertained by my witty words and smartass remarks. There's so much to do. Until we eat again...

No comments:

Post a Comment