Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sopa Negra



Last night my mom made pork roast and black beans and rice. I didn't have any because I went and got sushi with Howie and Jenne. I tried this Monk fish liver and it was delicious. Texturally it was like Pâté...tastewise it was fishy/livery.

So for breakfast....or should I say brunch...if you make black beans and rice, traditionally the next day for breakfast or brunch you make something of the leftovers. Most of the time my mom makes gallo pinto(I will write about that another day) BUT today she made sopa negra. Delicious! The black beans have all the flavor. They're seasoned with salt, pepper, olive oil, culantro, onions, garlic, cumin and curry powder. Then they're blended! After that you warm them up again and add the rest of the rice and hard boiled eggs. It's so creamy and delicious you want to just eat the whole pot. It's definite comfort food for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment